Recipe by: Takes Two Eggs
Savor the flavors of Fall with these mouthwatering Baked Miso Sweet Potatoes. This delicious side dish is bursting with sweet and savory flavor that’s perfect as the weather cools off.
- 1 bag Bako Sweet sweet potatoes, sliced
- 5 tbs unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup white miso
- 1 tbs rice vinegar
- 2 tsp ginger, finely minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Green onion, diced
- Flaky sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F, & grease your casserole dish with olive oil.
- Add the butter, maple syrup, and miso to small saucepan. Melt and combine over Medium Heat. Remove from heat and add in the rice vinegar, grated ginger, and minced garlic. Mix to combine.
- Thinly slice and toss the sweet potatoes in a large bowl with the miso sauce until evenly coated.
- Layer the sweet potatoes in a casserole dish or cast iron skillet. Reserve the extra sauce from mixing bowl.
- Cover with foil, bake for 35 minutes until the sweet potatoes are soft.
- Remove from the oven and increase the heat to 400°F (204°C). Brush the sweet potatoes with the reserved miso sauce.
- Bake uncovered for an additional 25 minutes. For added color, set the oven on broil for the last 2 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions and flakey sea salt. Serve immediately.