These Loaded Mediterranean Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are the best appetizer! They’re loaded with crunchy vegetables, topped with tangy feta cheese and if you’re just eating them as a meal on your own - be sure to drizzle some fresh tahini on top! Yum!
- 1 (14 oz) bag of steamable Bako Sweet Purple Japanese Sweet Potatoes
- 1 (14 oz.) can of drained chickpeas
- ½ English cucumber, diced into small pieces
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced into small pieces
- ¼ cup kalamata olives, diced
- ¼ cup roasted red peppers (canned)
- ¼ cup diced marinated artichokes (canned)
- Splash of olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ½ cup feta cheese
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- ¼ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a bowl, add the drained chickpeas. To the bowl, add the avocado oil, garlic powder, cayenne, oregano and ¼ tsp salt. Mix to combine.
- Spread the seasoned chickpeas out evenly on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway until the chickpeas are crispy.
- In the meantime, while the chickpeas are roasting, dice the English cucumber, tomatoes, kalamata olives, roasted red peppers, and marinated artichokes.
- In a bowl, add the diced cucumber, Roma tomatoes, kalamata olives, splash of olive oil, juice of ½ of a lemon. Mix to combine. Add salt to taste. Allow this to marinate in the refrigerator while you get everything else prepared.
- Next, steam the bag of Bako Sweet Japanese Sweet Potatoes.
- Remove and let cool. Slice them open gently, making sure you don’t slice them in half fully and you can still stuff them properly.
- Add 1-2 tbsp of the Mediterranean vegetables to the sweet potato to “stuff” it. Garnish with the roasted chickpeas and feta cheese. If needed, you can add a pinch more salt. Serve as an appetizer!
- If you want to eat this meal on your own, place the sweet potato on a plate and drizzle with tahini and a pinch of extra salt. Enjoy!