This Spiced Sweet Potato Bread is the ultimate easy and delicious quick bread to whip up! Loaded with freshly baked Bako Sweet sweet potatoes, it’s incredibly nourishing and goes perfectly with a cup of coffee!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ⅓ cup olive oil (or another neutral oil like vegetable)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste OR pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup whole milk (can sub dairy free milk)
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup cooked Bako Sweet Single Sweet Potato
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp whole milk to thin out glaze
- Chopped Pecans to Garnish (optional but delicious!)
- Be sure to microwave your Bako Sweet Single Sweet Potato ahead of time so it’s cooked and ready to be mixed into the batter!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x5 loaf tin and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- To a large bowl, add the olive oil, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Whisk to combine.
- To that bowl, add in the 2 eggs, vanilla extract, milk and cooked sweet potato and whisk until combined.
- Add the all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder and ground spices to the bowl and combine using a wooden spoon until no streaks of flour are present.
- Add the batter to the pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
- Once it has baked, let it cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes and remove to a cooling rack.
- Whisk together the glaze ingredients in a bowl. If the glaze is too thin, add more powdered sugar. If it’s too thick, add a splash of more milk until you reach the desired consistency.
- Add the glaze to the bread and then if desired, add the chopped pecans for garnish.
- Slice and enjoy! Store leftovers in a tightly sealed container at room temperature for up to 3 days.