Healthy is delicious and sweet potatoes are both! Keep them on hand as a pantry staple, that way you can make these Sweet Potato Energy Bites! They are good for you and a delicious snack.
- 1 cup mashed organic white sweet potato
- ½ cup nut or seed butter (peanut, almond, etc)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1¼ cup rolled oats
- 3 Tbsp mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Place one 14-ounce White Bako Sweet Steam Bag in the microwave. Microwave on high for 5-6 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Wait for the bag to deflate, then carefully cut open. Allow the potatoes to cool completely. Then, peel the skin off each potato.
- Add peeled potatoes to a bowl and mash them together. Measure 1 cup mashed sweet potato.
- In a large bowl, add mashed sweet potato, nut butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt. Mix together until evenly combined. Add rolled oats and mix together again. Then, fold in chocolate chips (optional).
- Using a mini cookie scoop or a tablespoon, scoop the dough into 1-inch rounds. Roll each round into a ball. Enjoy